When to Apply: Prospective students can apply as much as a year before starting at UCCS. For students wanting to start in a Fall semester the priority deadline to apply is Thanksgiving the year before you want to take courses. The priority deadline for Spring semester is late April. A student is considered a transfer student when he or she has earned grades for 24 credit hours or more of transferable coursework.
- Submit official transcripts from all previous colleges and universities attended
- $50.00 application fee
- Official high school transcript or GED (unless graduated high school prior to 1988) *There are certain requirements to earn a Bachelor's degree students have sometimes met in high school. An example of this is the foreign language requirement. UCCS requires students graduating with a bachelor's degree to have two years in high school of the same foreign language or two semesters in college.
- ACT/SAT scores (only if you have less than 24 transferable credits completed)
2. Await Response Regarding Application Status
It takes between two and four weeks to process an application from the time we receive all the application materials. You will be notified via mail with your admissions status. Transfer student admissions is based on the previous college grade point average.
3. Admitted Students Set Up E-mail and Student Portal
Once you are admitted, it will take the IT department 1-2 business days to create your new student account. Once your student account is created, you will need to claim it at https://accounts.uccs.edu.
By claiming your account you will set up your student e-mail and student portal. Admitted students can log into their UCCS student portal to apply for scholarships at UCCS.
4. Apply for Scholarships - Many applications are due March 1!
Starting December 1 admitted students can apply for scholarships through their student portal. From the UCCS home page select the current students tab. Under the quick links you can select the MyUCCS Portal. Once you are in your portal navigate to the student center and click on the scholarship application link under the finances heading. You will then be asked to answer a series of questions before entering the scholarship application. Scholarship applications will ask for a variety of materials ranging from resumes to essays. The winter break is a great time to work on scholarship applications!
5. Submit FAFSA by March 1
UCCS has a financial aid priority date of March 1 each year. Students are encouraged to submit their Free Application for Student Aid (FAFSA) by this date for top consideration of aid, grants, and work study.
7. Register for Transfer Student Orientation (Attend as EARLY as possible)
Transfer orientation is where you will register for classes. Students must be admitted to sign-up for an orientation date. Students planning to begin courses at UCCS in summer/fall semester can generally begin signing up for orientation in March and orientation events will begin in late April/early May. Students planning to begin courses at UCCS in a spring semester can generally begin signing up for orientation in October and orientation events will begin mid-November.
At orientation you will meet your academic advisor. Students are assigned an academic advisor based on their major. Advising at orientation will be done in a group setting. Before you arrive for orientation your advisor will review your transfer coursework and make course recommendations for the upcoming semester based on your major. Staff will assist you to create a schedule for the upcoming semester before you leave orientation! After attending an orientation you can schedule a one-on-one appointment with your advisor if needed.
Classes do fill up so attending an EARLY orientation will help you have a successful transition!